Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Season of Thanksgiving from the Oliver Family

During this season of Thanksgiving, we encourage each and every one of you to thank the Lord for the blessings you have been bestowed upon you and also encourage you to take precious time out of your day this month and let special people in your life know what your thankful for about them.  Just imagine opening your mailbox or email this month and getting tons of cards, letters, pictures, ect letting you know how special you are to someone else.  I challenge you to send out at least 10 notes via snail mail or electronically this month!
I am so overwhelmed by our many blessings this year, I do not even know where to start and I know I will leave some out...but here goes!
1.My God...He is the one true friend that we can always turn to no matter who, what, when, and why! And for answered prayers of healing for so many including Butch's best friend Barry-cancer free this year!
2.My husband-goodness knows I have put him through the wringer this year with a flood of emotions with the addition of a rather high maintanance little one!  He is my rock, my best friend, my everything!
3.My boys-they have been such troopers this year.  Learning, growing, being the best big brothers ever...they are a constant source of joy in our lives!
4.Reese Pieces-she is a little diva and has changed our lives and way of thinking forever, but we cannot imagine life without her.  She is growing, getting better (physically) with each passing month and God has truly blessed us.  We have been able to keep her allergies and gastro problems in check and she is growing better than they ever imagined and she is developmentally caught up to her age group, despite being born almost 6 weeks early!  As my middle child said last night, she has the BIGGEST smile now!
5.Our family-we can't thank them enough for all the sacrificing this year-help during the family flu outbreak, emergency trip to Vanderbilt Children's hospital, food, cleaning, long nights sitting up and staring at our daughter who would quit breathing, choke, or vomit (while we went on business trips and much needed breaks for some sleep and R&R), babysitting weekly one, two, or three kids at a time, vacations, cards, encouragement, field trips, sewing layettes, painting nurseries, putting together furniture, washing clothes, gifts, hospital visits, giftcards, visits so I could shower, eat, and run errands....and the list goes on and on and on!
6.My business partner-for coming up with this idea, implementation of our site (thanks John!), deal-making queen who buys for me too (your the best!), who also watches my child, helps me clean my house, and has been a wonderful friend, encourager, and sholder for me to cry on during this long year of ups and downs!
7.Our church family-visits during the flu outbreak, food galore, encouraging cards, gifts, pictures, hugs, emails, facebook messages, blog support, coupon class support, prayers and prayers and prayers for our little one, my job situation, the death of Butch's grandmother, my dad's surgeries...and again the list is too long to name!
8.Our friends and neighbors-they would hear Reese crying and would drop everything and come and walk, rock, sit and talk, and stay with me so I could shower and run errands, and eat.  One neighbor came almost daily to make sure I had eaten and showered and would come get the boys during the summer at HRO's naptime so she could take a long quiet nap!  Another neighbor would come at dinner time and walk her around the neighborhood so we could eat dinner in silence once in awhile. They checked mail for us and let in workers into our house during vacations and trips away for death in the family. Another picked up groceries for me and took the boys on errands to get them out of the house for a break.
9.Our blog friends-we have met so many nice people, had so many nice referrals, and learned so much from all of you!  You have truly inspired us and we can't wait to meet many more of you in 2011!
10.This is for everyone and everything I left out.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...The Oliver family truly could not have survived this year without our God, family, and friends!  What an amazing group you are and your love has overflowed and abounded on us this year.  I can only pray that we will be able to "pay it forward" tenfold as you have for us! 

Happy Thanksgiving Season to each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment