Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Does a dollar make a difference?

Wow!  I, Brandi, have to share my trip to Kroger today....

I always get my meat there when they mark it down, but I was sure going to hit the seafood sale with the family beach trip only 5 months away.  :)  Good intentions, see.  LOL....anywhooo, I started calculating the price per pound fresh vs. frozen.  (yes, with my 2-yr-old + no nap = VERY FUN!)  Well, it was frozen by a whole dollar this week.  I grabbed a bag of salmon and a bag of tilapia at $8.99 each.  Yes, no coupons, but I have a nice meat budget since I don't spend much on anything else anymore.  :)

I stroll up to the self-checkout (which is the only one I trust at Kroger) and start scanning.  "beep" $9.99 for my salmon and "beep" $9.99 for my tilapia!!  What?  Well, when you know the store's policies, you have AMMO.  I politely asked my favorite self-checker leader to have someone price-check the sign (they always have someone verify) and that they didn't ring up at the sign price of $8.99.  Sure enough, they rang up the wrong price!!!  I am still ecstatic that because they did, I got both bags FREE!!!  Praise God for the blessings He gives us!!  I think He really wants me to get healthy also!  :)    God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment