Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How can you involve your family in couponing?

Brandi and I are often asked about how time consuming couponing is and we hear some say that they don't have time and that they don't want it to take away from family time. Well your absolutely right. We don’t want that either so here is some ways that we have heard others and ourselves involve their families. One tip that I read from a fellow couponer was that she pays her kids to cut out her coupons. She paid them per coupon a few cents. One way I involve my kids when they are with me is to make it a game to look for the blinkie machines and now that my oldest understands money and can read, I give him an item on my list to find and to bring me the correct size per the coupon. This incorporates learning as well...he is reading, following directions, and learning the value of money. This has also made my kids a little more aware that things are expensive but that coupons are out there for so many things. It is a common question in our house when discussing going out to dinner "mom...where do you have coupons at?" We also have begun to teach patience in our instant gratification world. I often encourage ten to wait on wanted items until we have a coupon and thus they are more likely to help mom find it too! Encourage your kiddos to help out...they will feel important and learn the value of saving a dollar!

No comments:

Post a Comment