Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How can I glorify God with our coupon blessings and stockpile?

Sometimes people are overwhelmed by the word "stockpile". They can't imagine why or what people would do with a stockpile and that it means the person is a hoarder. While I would say that some couponers might have a problem with hoarding (TLC's show will lead you to believe all couponers have this problem), I think many of us stock just enough for emergencies with a few leftover to give in time of need. How can you use your blessings in your stockpile to help others? Here are some of the ways that our coupon network folks help out...

1. Nursing homes/assisted living-they will gladly take unopened and unexpired blood glucose kits and like equipment. These items are many times free after rebate and sometimes big moneymakers. They also like gently used magazines with no addresses on them please!

2. local shelters-the need is ever increasing for your local shelters. They need health and beauty items (full size or samples!), food items, and clothing. The cold winter (especially unusual in TN this year and many other places) has taken a toll. With gas prices rising, people will reduce giving!

3. Your friends and neighbors. My family and friends love to "shop" in my freebie closet. They get products they want to try or love!

4. Your child's school. I sent my kids teachers a list of all the freebie items that I had in the "freebie closet" which ranged from school supplies to soap to juice. Both teachers were super excited to get many items...I sent photo paper, juice, markers, pens, crayons, and much more!

5. My co-workers...I brought a box of my freebies to work and they were so excited. A lot of it was my glade and airwick stuff and the women were going wild! And to think I made money buying them and now they want to learn how too...a good way to strike up a friendship or an opportunity to witness!

No comments:

Post a Comment